Keys of Change
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An AU Kingdom Heart/Final Fantasy world in the midst of a war ravaged world, where keyblade wielders find themselves as tools of war or fugitives of the state

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fate's Intervention

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

Fate's Intervention - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:28 pm

OOC: I know :3

The door closed behind them, and then locked. Slowly, lights flickered on to bare the Pit to them. It was a massive coliseum, built from metal. The floors, the walls, everything around them was covered in blood stains, as though someone had used the circular ring as a glass to make smoothie. Leila walked towards the center, then gripped her hands as if she was holding a weapon. Perdition's End came at this silent call, and she turned to face Signy. "When we were brought here, there were 100 of us. We were told only 20 would leave. First...it was the beasts. Then machines. Then men.... If there were still more than 20 left after that...we were told to kill one another." She explained, just as the ground beneath them began to shake, large panels of metal moving out of the way.
Back to top Go down
https://keysofchange.rpg-board.net
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:32 pm

Signy's own hands whirled as though she was holding some sort of polearm, her blade materializing Midway through, forming in her hand and extending in front of her like a shield. "Twenty?" She repeated.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:36 pm

Leile turned to face the tunnels appearing in the arena. "20." She confirmed, testing the weight of her blade, and trying to grow accustomed to the increase in her other senses.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:40 pm

Signy nodded, dry swallowing as she began focusing her attention on any sound that crept forward, her nerve endings keyed to any vibrations her ears may miss. In silence, she moved to press her back to the other woman, watching and waiting.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 1:09 pm

From the ground came what seemed like a swarm of giant Waste Scorpions, each easily as tall as either of then. Leila found herself pressing into Signy's back, hold her blade in both hands.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 1:18 pm

"Did you favor the blade or the gun?" Signy shot at her, referring to the captain's previous weapon. Slowly, she was beginning to charge her element into her weapon, focusing on the opponents in front of her.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 9:33 pm

"Blade... I failed my marksman test 4 times." Leile admitted, gripping her blade tighter, knowing there was no chance it would break in her grip. "Do you have an idea?"
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 7:58 pm

"I just had to be sure." She asserted, gripping her blade carefully as she watched the creature approach. "Fight like your life depends on it. Your keyblade will always be bigger than any and every other sword anyone could possibly create for you. That gives you range, and allows you a tool that no one can take from you." Signy's eyes narrowed on the newest target, her stance poised, ready to strike.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 10:15 pm

Leila nodded at the advice, watching the creatures. "Try and get underneath them, where the armor is more segmented..." She offered in return, spinning her blade a few times before lunging under a swinging pincer, sliding under the beast and stabbing upwards between two bits of chitin.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 11:17 pm

"Any elemental weaknesses?!" Signy called, sliding downwards and under the beast as it approached her, narrowly dodging its tail. She held her weapon horizontally, jamming the blade between chitin segments.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 3:03 pm

"Ice. They're from the wastes, so they're used to heat, and their chitin doesn't conduct electricity!" Leila called out, narrowly avoiding a spill of green blood and guts as she rolled from underneath the bug.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 5:03 pm

Signy found herself cursing at this; covered in chitin, there would be no way for her to do much else besides slash and stab, and Leila had already explained how to do that. It left her with little choice but to continue on. What a boring method. Sliding out from under the creature, she dragged her sword along the gap in its chitin, pulling the weapon behind her to keep the spray off of her form. This seemed easy enough.... for round one. What was left to question, however, was how many rounds they might be sent through...
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 5:01 pm

Leila found her way to Signy's side, rolling her shoulders. "Next it will be the machines..." She said, only for an unholy screech to echo from below, as a swarm of what seemed like people rushed from below. They had grey skin and glassy eyes, and they had unnaturally long incisors. They were the victims of an unfortunate ailment called the Rot, which turned the victim into a ravenous, flesh seeking maniacs, their minds regressed to a more primitive state. Leila cursed, spinning her blade to hold it backwards, and stretching her hands forward, fire erupting from them.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 9:46 pm

"Those don't look like machines!" Signy pointed out, rather obviously. As she spoke she worked herself into a guard position. With luck, she could seize their muscles, but she would need a conductor to do enough damage. Still, it was worth trying. Building up electricity along her blade, she sent a long arc crackling towards the approaching group.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 10:52 pm

"I'm aware!" Leila cried out in answer, trying to block out the horrified screeches of the once human people she was roasting alive. She kept up her blaze, but turned her head away and clamped her jaw closed. After a few more moments, she let the conflagration end, shifting how she held her blade once more and waiting to see if any remained after their dual magical assault.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 9:16 am

The fellow guardsman retracted her flow of magic as her forced partner did, holding her over-sized blade in front of her, ready to strike as well. "I guess they didn't want to be too predictable." Signy pointed out, almost amused but mostly exasperated by the whole ordeal.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 11:16 am

Those few who had 'survived' the assault soon dropped to the floor, dead. Leila spared a glance over to Signy, letting out a huff. "Where did they even get so many Rotted..."
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 11:52 am

"That's.... not a question that I care to have an answer to." Signy said, moving to press her back to the woman's once more, staring out around them. "I don't imagine that's all that they have for us."
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Leila couldn't help but let out the softest of chuckles. "As if we could be that lucky..." She murmured, as the pits began to close with a deep grinding wound and the lights above them started to dim.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 1:28 pm

Leila sent a shock of lightning along her keyblade, her eyes trying to focus in the adjusting light. "Never..."
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 5:20 pm

Something large suddenly dropped into the arena, causing a loud thud and sending vibrations through the ground. Red lights suddenly began to illuminate the darkness, a horrifying outline of a massive war machine.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Signy swallowed hard, putting what focus she could manage into amplifying the voltage she had arcing on her weapon. "That's... Not going to just short circuit if I hit it, will it?"
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 9:18 pm

Fate's Intervention - Page 3 Dv63nsctjfnqu1kodfhw

Leila gulped, watching the massive figure rise higher and higher, red optics tilting downwards to observe the pair of them. "N-No...I don't think so..." She said, sounding genuinely afraid. Her trepidation lasted but a moment, before she darted forward, towards the machine's leg, hacking and slashing at whatever unarmored machinery she could.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 9:42 pm

"Move back for a moment!" Signy shouted, finally directing the arc towards the creature, hoping to at least disable it's optic lenses. If they could only do that much, it would be a huge benefit for them both. Even still, she immediately began taking up the task of slashing at the beast, even while the electricity travelled through it.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 9:44 pm

Leila did as asked, leaping back from the behemoth if only for a moment, before charging right back in. Taking an idea from what she'd seen Signy do, she worked to channel her magic through her blade. Fire began to course through the weapon, trailing behind each slash and starting to cut through the thick armor, if slowly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Intervention   Fate's Intervention - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fate's Intervention
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keys of Change :: The World :: The Kingdom of Euno :: The Royal Armory-
Jump to: