Keys of Change
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An AU Kingdom Heart/Final Fantasy world in the midst of a war ravaged world, where keyblade wielders find themselves as tools of war or fugitives of the state

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Wanderers' Way

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 8:43 pm

"Some... Port Nowhere has always taken in drifters, refugees... It's where those of us who survived the crossing found out home..." He said softly, drumming fingers against his thighs. "I understand if this is difficult knowledge for you..."
Back to top Go down
https://keysofchange.rpg-board.net
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 8:51 pm

She waved a hand, dismissing his words as she finally pulled herself to her feet and went to take stock of her own inventory. Being a deserter, all of her possessions were considered stolen property. She could make due with that. Afterall, Port Nowhere was a place known for deserters, refugees, and pirates. Surely, she could find a fence somewhere amongst its the drifters that called it home. "Will I need to make my presence known to anyone, or... at least meet whatever higher authority you might answer to?"
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 8:54 pm

"Right now, I'm the highest authority you need worry about. Captain Wright is away on business, and with her gone, I'm next highest." He said, with what sounded like a hint of pride.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 8:58 pm

"Are you?" She asked, trying to locate something that might look even remotely less than noble. "And would no one suspect that I'm trying to... worm my way into a ranking position by immediately taking up residence at the second-in-command's abode?"
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 9:01 pm

"You're in a city of pirates, sweetheart. Easiest way to take power would be to kill me, and..." He flourished his hand, summoning his keyblade. It was ebony black, with a purple sheen beneath it, and he dispelled it as quickly as he had summoned it. "You wouldn't be the first person to try."
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 9:07 pm

She studied him for a long moment, seeming to think something over before summoning her own keyblade, a violin-shaped weapon that held almost exclusively the outline of one side and its long neck. The bow appeared in the other hand, string like a blade. She kept it in existence for only a brief minute before dismissing the keyblade. "Heart Strings," she introduced the weapon, late.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 9:58 pm

"Oblivion." He answered in kind, easing down back into his seat, looking at her across the way.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:00 pm

Seeming far from satisfied with what she found amongst her things, she opted for one of the undergarments she'd fashioned into a sort of slip for her dresses, pulling it aside before turning her back to him and easing out of the attire she currently wore. "What does someone have to do around here?" She asked, wondering at how to phrase her inquiry.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:01 pm

"Depends on what you want. The pirate clans mostly eat, drink, and do the sort of thing you'd expect. There's a courtesan's guild, so you can guess what they do. People in the slums make what fun they can, usually some random street fair every other week..."
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:04 pm

"And to earn your keep?" She asked, baring her back to him as her garments slid to the floor. The tightness of her usually gown left her no need for a bra, so she'd grown quite accustomed to life without one. Slowly, she began easing herself into her thing slip, bunching it onto here arms before bring it over her head.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:08 pm

Grey cleared his throat, looking away out of respect. Still, his senses were tuned to her, should she truly be some manner of spy. "There's work in the market, work with the Courtesan guild if you want, work as a bartender...or work as a pirate." He explained. "We use a mix of Eunian and Kiran currency here, since we pilfer from both... So don't be surprised to get a bit of everything when or if you get paid."
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:11 pm

'Is anyone picky about which is used?" She asked, fitting the thin dress into place and ignoring the plunge at her cleavage. Nudity and sexuality meant little, if anything, to her. She made her way in otherwise silence back to her bag, waiting for his response.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:17 pm

"Anyone with a preference can deal with it later, barter and trade one currency for another. Rule Two of Port Nowhere: You get paid, you don't complain about how."
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:21 pm

"How long is this rule list?" She asked, finding a select few coins she'd stashed in one of the dresses, she flicked them towards the man. "Here's to hoping that will make up for whatever you've spent trying to keep me alive."
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:23 pm

"Just 5." He said, handing them back to her. "At least, 5 official rules. Everyone makes their own list after 5."
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:24 pm

She cooked a brow at their return, sliding them into a side pouch that she worked onto her right hip. "And those five are?" She asked, looking up at him from her place by her stolen belongings.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:35 pm

"Rule One: Port Nowhere is neutral ground in all clan disputes. Rule Three: You kill a man, he better be awake, facing you, and armed. Rule Four: Port Nowhere will not allow raids from any other sovereign nation. Turn back any and all raids for keyblade wielders. Rule Five: ...Don't fuck with Captain Blake Wright."
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:38 pm

Rosaline nodded at this, holding back any joke she had for any of the rules, chiefly the last one. "Where does that leave me?"
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:43 pm

"Technically, you're a refugee. Where you decide that leaves you is up to you." He pointed to the window. "This place was built so that things like who you were wouldn't matter... I was a slave, before I came here. Now I'm not."
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:45 pm

Rose contemplated this for several minutes, starting off into nothing before speaking up again. "If we're frank, I'm not quite sure who I was before I made it through those gates."
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 1:10 pm

"Who so you think you are now?" He asked softly, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall, staring out the nearby window. It had a wonderful veiw out towards the lighthouse, proviso g them both a small snapshot of the port.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 1:21 pm

She shrugged in response to his inquiry, unsure of how exactly to answer it. "I don't think that very much matters, now. I could start a clean slate..." Absently, she took one of the long side locks of her hair in her hand, staring into the deep, almost signature color of it. She had a reputation back home, several, really, when you thought about it, and so much of her appearance was simply trademark for her.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 9:35 pm

"You were nobility... If you left by choice, they will come for you." He said, as if giving voice to her thoughts. "We can help you change certain aspects of your appearance... We have our share of barbers."
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 7:59 pm

Her eyes went to him, where she studied the man before her in silence for a long while before she finally spoke again, "How can I be both nobility and Mydarian?"
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 10:17 pm

"How indeed..." He said, before studying her once more. "If I had to hazard a guess..." He murmured, stroking his chin. "Some manner of indoctrination... Maybe thats where all the others went..." He said, almost to himself. There was hope in his voice, and she could tell he was undoubtedly speaking of slaves he knew who he had presumed dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   The Wanderers' Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wanderers' Way
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keys of Change :: The World :: Port Nowhere-
Jump to: